10 Summer Date Ideas
Friday May 19th, 2023
Summer is the perfect season to plan outdoor dates to enjoy and reconnect with your significant other. The beautiful weather and laid-back atmosphere of the summer months help us to relax and unwind while having a bit of fun together as well. If you are looking for romantic date ideas to sweep your partner off their feet you are in the right place! We are sharing our top 10 favourite summer date ideas that you and your significant other are sure to love.
Pack a basket of your favourite snacks or take-out meal and head to a scenic location to watch the sunset together. Pair this with a quality bottle of wine, a picnic blanket and some fancy tableware to make the outing a little more special. These Ottawa locations are perfect for watching the sun go down with someone you love.
- Major's Hill Park - Mackenzie Ave, Ottawa, ON K1N 1G8
- Dominion Arboretum - Arboretum, Ottawa, ON K1A 0C6
- Ottawa Locks - Rideau Canal, Locks 1 - 8 - Ottawa, Ottawa, ON K1A 0A4
During the summer months, many musicians and bands perform outdoor concerts right here in Ottawa! Dance, relax and enjoy a lovely summer evening in one of Ottawa's local parks with your partner while listening to an act that you both love! These are a few festivals taking place this summer season.
- Ottawa Fringe Festival - 2 Daly Ave #100, Ottawa, ON K1N 7B9
- Bluesfest - LeBreton Flats
- CityFolk - Lansdowne Park
A romantic boat ride across a lake or river is an experience you will never forget. Enjoy the serene views of the water and nature around you as you paddle along in your canoe or kayak. Pack a light lunch to enjoy or do a little fishing to pass the time as you float along. Try out these nearby beaches for your next summer cruise!
- Mooney's Bay - 2960 Riverside Dr., Ottawa, ON K1V 8N4
- Britannia Beach - 2805 Carling Ave Ottawa ON K2B
- Constance Bay Beach - Lane St, Ottawa, ON K0A 3M0
Ice Cream/Gelato Crawl
There is no better treat than ice cream or gelato on a hot summer night. Take a self-guided tour of the best ice cream or gelato shops in Ottawa! Take in the city atmosphere and share a scoop as you walk to your next location. These delicious shops are perfect for your evening!
- Moo Shu Ice Cream - 477 Bank St, Ottawa, ON K2P 1Z2
- Stella Luna - 1103 Bank St, Ottawa, ON K1S 3X4
- The Merry Dairy - 102 Fairmont Ave, Ottawa, ON K1Y 1X6
Outdoor Movie Night
Take advantage of locally organized movie nights in your community this summer, or plan your own in your backyard. Set up a projector, a white sheet and a few pillows and blankets to relax on. Once you have the popcorn and treats ready it's then time to cuddle under the stars with your favourite movie!
A scenic bike ride with your partner is another great way to enjoy the fresh air and beautiful scenery the summer season offers. Enjoy taking a break from your bike ride by grabbing a treat together at a shop nearby. These trails are great for any skill level of bicycling in Ottawa.
- The Capital Pathway
- Rideau River Eastern Pathway
- The Experimental Farms Pathway
Promote wellness and calm together this summer by participating in a group yoga class. Many fitness studios in Ottawa offer outdoor classes during the summer months that you can sign up for! Enjoy the atmosphere of a park or beach while you take part in a guided practice with your significant other. These are a few places outdoor yoga is taking place this season.
- Parliament Hill Yoga - Wellington St, Ottawa, ON K1A 0A9
- Yoga in the Park by PranaShanti - Parkdale Park, 366 Parkdale Ave, Ottawa, ON K1Y 1G6
- Yoga by West Beach Yoga & Nutrition - Park TBD
What is more romantic than a wine-tasting trip amidst vineyards? Take a romantic escape to a winery and enjoy the lush surroundings with wine in hand. Enjoy a stroll through the property, or sit back on a blanket while tasting delicious cheese pairings that are sure to make your wine-tasting experience that much sweeter! Try out one of these amazing local wineries!
- Kin Vineyards - 2225 Craig's Side Rd, Carp, ON K0A 1L0
- Domaine Perrault - 1000 Perrault Rd, Navan, ON K4B 1H8
- Jabulani Vineyard and Winery - 8005 Jock Trail, Richmond, ON K0A 2Z0
Visit your local farmer's market, explore the vendor's products, taste some fresh produce, and buy ingredients for a romantic homemade dinner. Take the time to cook together, listen to music and enjoy the experience of making delicious food. Don't forget to buy a fresh bouquet for your dining table! These markets are perfect for your date!
- Ottawas Farmers Market - 1000 Exhibition Way, Ottawa, ON K1S 3W7 (and many more locations in Westboro, Orleans, Lansdowne, and Barrhaven.
- Ottawa Artisans Market (shop) - 1200 St. Laurent Blvd, Ottawa, ON K1K 3B8
- 613flea - 1000 Exhibition Way, Ottawa, ON K1S 5J3
Find a quiet and dark location like a nearby park, bring a blanket and some snacks, and enjoy an evening of stargazing together. This is the perfect way to unwind and reconnect with nature as you look at the stars above you. Bring a star finder with you and take turns pointing out constellations in the sky! Check out these Ottawa parks for your next stargazing adventure.
- Vincent Massey Park - Heron Rd, Ottawa, ON K1V 2E4
- Strathcona Park - 25 Range Rd, Ottawa, ON K1N 8J3
- Mooney's Bay Park - 2960 Riverside Dr., Ottawa, ON K1V 8N4
Post a comment