Today's home must have electricity, it's pretty standard. If you are looking at older homes make sure the inspector looks at the electrical panel and confirm with you the type of wiring in the house. Your insurance company will be asking what type of wiring is in the house. If you have knob & tube, they might not like it. Some companies also do not like aluminum wiring. There are options out there so make sure you ask around to see what can be done to make the house insurable and also safe!

If you want to read up on additional information, you can also visit the Electrical Safety Authority website.


Real Estate Websites by Web4Realty